Effective June 30, 2021
On June 29th, the Province announced that Nova Scotia would move into Phase 3 of its provincial reopening plan as of the morning of June 30th, 2021.
In this stage, basketball competition is permitted to resume with a revised indoor limit of up to 42 participants. All other Phase 3 rules still apply.
Teams that wish to schedule exhibition basketball competition in Nova Scotia can submit a request to Basketball Nova Scotia for approval here. Requests to organize tournaments will not be accepted, as they are not permitted under Phase 3 guidelines. This system is required to ensure basketball competition is operating safely throughout the province. Under these event plans, spectators are not permitted.
Basketball administrators & coaches who are currently running programs are still required to complete the following legal forms, or their own legal forms to ensure proper tracing:
- Club Risk Assessment & Mitigation Checklist Tool
- SAMPLE- Covid-19 Event Participation Wavier
- SAMPLE – Covid-19 Daily Attestation
- SAMPLE – Covid-19 Daily Attendance
For editable versions of the files above, please email our Executive Director, Katherine Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For the most up-to-date information about gathering limits, please visit the Government of Nova Scotia website.
- Province of Nova Scotia COVID-19 Gathering Limits
- Province of Nova Scotia Return to Sport Guidelines
- Province of Nova Scotia Restricted Area Lookup – By Address
Other Useful Links: