Host a Provincial
Each season Basketball Nova Scotia hosts Provincial Championships for U12, U14, U16 and U18 girls and boys club teams from all over Nova Scotia. Clubs from across the province have an opportunity to host a championship and represent their club within the community.
Why be a tournament host?
Highlight your home
Welcome teams from across the province to enjoy your town and direct them to the best restaurants, hotels and events!
Create local partnerships
Build relationships with local partners that can lead to sponsorship opportunities in the future AND create an awesome welcome package for visiting teams!
Highlight your club
Showcase the hospitality and kindness of your athletes, parents and volunteers. We will also show you some love on social media!
Collaborate with BNS to create valuable fundraisers for your club like raffles and concessions!
Basketball Nova Scotia is responsible for:
- All team registration, communication, seedings & schedules
- Nova Scotia Basketball Officials Assignments (Referees)
- Gym bookings and payments – If you are a team in the HRM – please contact BNS BEFORE trying to book with HRM as I have several facilities already booked.
- Tournament Host Package (includes banners, medals, etc.)
- Scores updated and posted on website
- Be a resource and support for the host
- Social media promotion of your club
Host club is responsible for:
- Acquiring and scheduling volunteers & table officials
- Capturing photos of the event and sharing them with BNS
- Be the key contact on site + pre-tournament and communicate with Head Coaches
- Make it fun! Provide warm-up music, local gifts or sponsor involvement from your community!
- Ensure all games stay on schedule
- Facilitate selection & presentation of Tournament All-Stars & Tournament MVP
- Ensure all COVID-19 protocols are followed
Do you want to host one of our tournaments? Click here to learn more!
Click here to learn about our seeding process that ensures competitive tournaments at all levels.
View our modified rules here for each age group. The rules are in alignment with the Long-Term Athlete Development plan.